Wednesday, June 14, 2017

MRI & Blood Work

In one week, I'll go in for my 3rd infusion. Technically, it's my 4th infusion, but the 1st one is split up into 2 different sessions. I had my MRI today, along with the blood work in preparation for the infusion. I know that a lot of you are excited to try out this drug, and have read all the stories on how it's a miracle cure. Unfortunately, that has not been the case for me. My symptoms have progressed significantly in the past 6 months, and I'm not nearly as hopeful as I was going into the Ocrelizumab trial. The nurse at my neurologist's office said that acceptance to the trial I am on is now closed as of a few weeks ago. I will talk it over with my Doctor next week, and will probably give myself another 6 months on the drug before even talking about switching to something else. Although frustrating, I am still grateful that I was able to try this before it was even FDA approved.  Just wanted other users to know that each patient is different, and results may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment